Mon, Jul 04|
4th of July Parade
Join us for this years 4th of July parade shenanigans! We will meet on the east side of the library on Fairview to get you guys up to speed on this years epic theme. Top Gun! Will you be our wingman?
Time & Location
Jul 04, 9:00 AM – Jul 05, 12:00 PM
South Pasadena, 1013 Fairview Ave, South Pasadena, CA 91030, USA
About the Event
Ok, this years theme is none other than Top Gun! Yes, you heard right. Great balls of fire!!! If you have never been apart of the DUDES parade, get ready to have a really great time, meet new dads in town and be a hero in the eyes of your children! Too much, maybe, but it's going to be a fun time. Come join us!
All the staging and performance information is listed in the timeline. But we will need you guys to show up as "Top Gun" as you can. So, with that, heres what we were thinking.
First off we will be having a couple of live musicians whailing duet guitars belting out "the danger zone" from a PA. With prerecorded tunes we will all sing over. Main performance song a "DUDES" modification of "You lost that loving feeling" that we will all be belting out at the top of lunges!
What to wear:
- Comfortable shoes
- A white tee shirt (More of these)
- A Hawaiian shirt (Less of these). Reason being, we are making some tape on Lieutenant shoulder badges to slap on so the white shirts resemble Naval "whites" uniforms.
- A Amazon flight suit, about $30 bucks, if interested. We have a couple of guys who have already purchased this exact one so far. No pressure, and not necessary. But if you feel so inclined, do it!
- If you have your old bomber jacket from the 90's, BRING IT!!!
- Lastly, we will be slapping on newly printed DUDES bumper stickers on everyones shirts so they know who the hell we are.
We will have a bunch of Aviator glasses to hand out.
But would like some more random props to hand out.
Things we would like to have:
- A volley ball or 2
- Some foam air planes
- Red white and blue streamers
- Some mini American flag props
- Any 4th of July props you can bring
- YOUR KIDS! Please bring your kids!
- Maybe some makeshift cardboard wings the kids can put on their arms
If you can bring any of these items, please let us know by emailing: email@example.com
We also have a few legistics to get handled, if you can help:
- Rope off area at Garfield park
- Pre order Mamma's Pizza (dudes reimbursement available) Otherwise considered a charity gift
- Keg of beer. Usually something on the ligher side. Pils, lagers etc.
- Orange party cups.
If you can help with any of these, please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
This performance is going to be epic! And, it's going to be a whole hell of a lot of fun! Party afterwards at Garfield Park.
1 hour 50 minutes
Staging and rehersalFairview east of library